I Meant What I Said and I Said What I Meant


OK. My post from yesterday was a little harsh and I was wrong for two reasons: 1) I posted strictly out of emotion, because it had been bothering my mind for a couple days and 2) there is a possibility that it could be misinterpreted that I personally dislike the woman and the fact she was taking her daughter with her. I also understand that the post may have been controversial since everyone doesn't believe the same things I do. That being said, perhaps I should take a more logical approach to this subject. 

To begin with this blog is called "Organic Christian" so if you are not a Christian and are not grounded in the Bible, you may not agree with a lot of things that will be discussed on here. My intent is to help fellow Christians in their walk with Christ and simply state the basics as stated in God's word. I will not apologize for this because it is not just the gate to Heaven that is small but the path as well (Matthew 7:14). 

I doubt any of my readers were offended by the post but, If you are a Jehovah's Witness, please understand that I am not against you as an individual. When I was 16, I studied with a Jehovah's Witness friend in high school for a couple of months, but felt that too much of the Bible was being interpreted for me by the Watchtower Magazine and all my questions could not be answered. I only wanted to study the Bible, since even he agreed that it was God's word (2 Timothy 3:16).

As a Jehovah's Witness you have been taught from the Bible and the Watchtower organization. You are convinced that what you believe is the truth. As an organic Christian, I believe in the Trinity as descibed in the creeds of the early church fathers, while you are taught the Trinity is a demonic doctrine and that Christendom is an apostate group preaching a false gospel. You have also been taught you are in "The Truth" and the Watchtower organization is the true channel of God’s revelation to His church on earth.

I admire your fervent study of the Bible and wish that all of Christendom had the same approach and studied as much as you and even had similar habit of allowing God's word to hold a high place in their faith development. This is what I enjoyed most about studying with my friend, he was passionate about faith development. The only problem was, he wasn't encouraged to dig deeper than what the Watchtower had provided. He only read their version of the Bible and used their resources. Reading of other versions was not banned or anything but not encouraged either. This is the sad part because I know that if my friend would have used additional historical resources and more accurate translations of scripture, he may have been able to abandon his membership card (yes, I saw the card) and see the reality that is the true Gospel or Good News that tells who Christ really is. 

Quote from the Watchtower Magazine:
"Jehovah's channel of communication can help all who greatly desire to understand the wisdom of God in the Bible." 

So here are my questions and I am sure I have more, but off the top of my head:
1) Why has "the channel of communication" found it neccesary to alter the translation of the Bible?
2) Have you checked the documentation from the Watchtower Magazine? Is it really "the truth" or something created by some guys in Brooklyn? 
3) Why has it made false prophecies?

If a group claims to be the prophet of God, but takes verses out of context, makes false prophecies, misquotes authorities, and mistranslates the Bible, can it still be considered credible? Further, if I ever do any of these things on my own blog, I pray that some reader keeps me accountable and offers correction, especially with regard to scripture context. You know who you are and I am sure you won't have a problem with this. Thanks guys. 

Finally, this religion is what I call a bait and switch religion. They do use the Bible and teach similar things that Christians also teach. They do have strong study and family beliefs. Overall they seek holiness just like I do. But once you are in, you come to find out that there are some basic Christian beliefs that they don't believe, even so they claim to be a Christian religion just like us.  I really wasn't going to go into apologetics on here but perhaps their is a need. Hmmm. Click in next week as we explore another popular religion and find out why I don't believe it either.  My hope is found in Christ alone (Galatians 6:12). Amen?

Basic 11: Jesus is God - John 1:1,14; 10:30-33; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Phil. 2:5-8; Heb. 1:8
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clip to Evernote