I Know What We're Going to do Today

A homemade w:piggy bank version of the charact...
OK, Phineas and Ferb is by far the best thing Disney has going for it right now.  I sometimes even watch it with my kids.  Basically there are two boys and their sister and during the summer vacation, each day the boys build or do something huge as the sister attempts to get their mom to catch them. There is a lot more to it so those who have not seen it I apologize, ask a friend who didn't take the Disney ban as seriously as you did and they will explain. The show is filled with tag lines that are used in every episode and among my favorites is the first one on almost every episode. The day begins and things are happening and then they get an idea. Then Phineas states, "Ferb, I know what we are going to do today."

My mornings generally start out the same way, no matter how much future planning you do, you can only tackle what is on your plate each day.  Each day may eventually contribute to a major future plan but each individual step along the way is only as important as what needs done on any given day.  Generally for me around 10 AM is the hour I finally realize, I know what I am going to do today.  God, in an effort to not have us worry, only provides what we need on a daily basis (Luke 12:29-32). This also help us rely on His strength and understanding rather than our own (Psalm 107:31, 40-43).

What are you going to do today? Aren't you a little young to be performing a pulmanary surgery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clip to Evernote