So what should you carry on your person everyday? After much research and experience and in my current environment, here is what I came up with:
- Watch - Time and Navigation.
- Wallet - Identification, Cash, Emergency Information Card
- Keys - Auto/Home Access and Whistle
- Multi-Tool or Knife - My recommendation is the Gerber Dime for light duty tasks.
- Phone - Call Someone, Infinite App Solutions
- Protection - Optional depending on your area but never a bad idea.
Wait, What does this have to do with the Bible? While it doesn't directly relate, the Bible certainly speaks a lot about being prepared for everything. Jesus was the King of Preparedness, in fact, I believe He is currently preparing a place at this very moment (John 14:3). Maybe I will dedicate a whole post to the the Greek word: παρασκευάζω | (par-ask-yoo-ad'-zo) - to prepare. Which is incidentally where the word parachute was derived.
-- δῷ τίς παρασκευάσεται εἰς πόλεμον (1 Corinthians 14:8)