Let's Get Physical

Day 1: Diet & Exercise
This is an area I struggle in daily, not just in January and late December.

Exercise. It turns out that exercise is a habitual lifestyle change and by just starting it dos not mean you will continue because it takes a long time to maneuver our busy schedules around this task and for most of us, there is not enough motivation. My recommendation here is to find a friend that already has the motivation and has incorporated this into their lives and ask them to help you along. You will be surprised how eager they usually are to have someone with them as well. I call this an "accountability in exercise."

Diet. Gluttony seems to be the acceptable sin in most churches. Don't get me wrong I love a good potluck with all the fixins and I have been to those with healthier dishes that no one really wants to eat. But I believe that may be the problem, I may love the food too much. The truth is, we need to train our bodies to know when we have had enough. The problem with that is our brains rarely know what enough really is. Diet plans for the most part may help you for a time but again, like exercise, it is a lifestyle change that you have to make. You need to change your mind about things and behaviors you have which can be easier said than done.

Conclusion. If you continue to believe as you have always believed, you will continue to act as you have always acted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clip to Evernote