Hey you woodchucks! Quit chucking my wood!

Day 4: Addiction

In order to adequately cover this topic, I could dedicate an entire blog to the subject. There are so many types of addiction, so many reasons for it, and a plethora of individual ways to escape it or fight it. This being said, I don't want to leave you high and dry and just let you off the hook there. My recommendation is to choose your addiction wisely. WHAT!? We are all addicted to something because that is how we were created. We are a passionate people and need something to make us feel that "High" feeling on occasion to help us along as a vice in our lives. By choosing your addiction, you put yourself in control of it and thereby remove it being in control of you.

In that sense, you are not an addict and have mastered your addiction. Confused? For example, I can choose to eat food when I am stressed or to pray. Assuming my prayers are legitimate, I believe you would be hard-pressed to find someone too addicted to prayer. It is your God given ability to choose that puts you in control of your addiction.

I fully understand there may be some that are already addicted to negative or even illegal things. It is a hard thing sometimes to change a lifestyle and habit that you have been accustomed to for years and years. I encourage you, if you are in that situation, to seek out professional help and even though you feel alone in it, there are groups and gobs of people that have made it through to the other side, most painfully, but have made it none the less. My recommendation for you is to seek accountability through others and also through Christ. It is generally the only way to resolve this issue completely (Titus 2:11-14).

Conclusion. "A wise man changes his mind, a fool never" - Spanish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clip to Evernote