Interesting. Not a lot of advice coming out of the interview and there were a lot of leading questions from his book so I guess I will have to read it some time.
Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices, and Priorities of a Winning Life
Great Material. Leadership is about affecting a persons story. The key is to not just tell another story but make the story better. To make the story better depends on where they are in the story. Here are the levels of the story and what action you can take to improve upon them.
- re-sell them on themselves
- re-narrate their story in a positive way
- re-organize their life giving them tools necessary
- re-focus them to future hopes
- re-define the failure
- failure is something that happens to people, not something you are.
- look for the lessons
- look at the effect your story has on others
- Catch the other persons story
- slow down and listen
- acceptance isn't approval
- Respond to it
- Ask questions
- what do you aspire to?
- what is your fear?
- listen with your heart
- Tell your story
- the focus is on their story not your own.
Jim Goodnight/Ed Bastian (interview)
This interview was done by Collins and Jim Goodnight had him on the edge with his unexpected answers. I was laughing a lot. One thing I learned, there is no problem you can't solve with a array of blade servers. I Agree!
SAS | Delta
John C. Maxwell
I hate to say this because I have respect for the man but he reminds me of the Joel Osteen of leadership.
Everyone Communicates, Few Connect: What the Most Effective People Do Differently
Great Imagery. A picture often times speaks a thousand words. Picture are mostly given not taken and providence will generally follow persistence and analysis of any problem.
Had to leave the conference early so I missed this one. :( I am positive he was excellent, I will be sure to share when the DVD comes out. I have watched the movie about his life, Gifted Hands, a must see if you haven't already. Be sure to watch the bonus features on the DVD of the movie.
Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story
- Sachi Koto- Great Anchor abilities and talent, keep up the good work.
- Tripp Crosby- Very funny, I can't wait to fly on TNT Air.. I hear it is the bomb!
Finally, the greatest thing about the whole thing. A "NO PURCHASE NECESSARY" coupon for a FREE Spicy Chicken Sandwich when they debut on June 7, 2010!
UPDATE: You want one too? http://www.getspicychicken.com/