Stages of the Fall
- Hubris born of success -- Be humble, no one knows it all
- Undisciplined pursuit of more -- Have discipline and a tested process
- Denial of risk and peril -- Do risk and potential problem analysis
- Grasping for salvation -- Don’t panic and constantly restructure
- Capitulation to irrelevance or death -- Avoid stages 1-4 and don’t capitulate!
- Focus on the 'Who' first and not the 'What' -- get the right people on the bus before you start it moving, don't decide on the destination and ask them to join in invite them in and let them help decide where you should go.
- Many overnight success companies were about 20 years in the making.