A New Day to Mess Up!

Woke up this morning like always and reflected on how great the sunshine was. I thought how awesome it is that I get one more day, how wonderful is God's grace.  You see none of us deserve to live another day for the sins we have commited deserve nothing but punishment and death; but then there is the Gospel message, and most of the Bible letters begin with "grace and peace to you."  By His grace alone we can be justified (Ephesians 2:5,8; Hebrews 13:9; Titus 3: 7) and that is such a great feeling, that the God who created the heavens and the universe cares that much for each of us.

Like anything good or bad we an find a way to abuse grace.  Even in the first century this problem existed.
Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?
Romans 6:1-2

Without grace, salvation is impossible (Luke 17:10).  Grace is from the Greek charis, which also means favor.    In the absence of the provision of grace, man would be facing attempting to achieve justification simply by works (doing stuff) of flawless law keeping and such is not feasible (Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).  Grace is a most powerful word and concept that introduces man to the goodness of God.  If my first child would have been a girl, she would have been named Karis, because I love this definition so much.

My son has a calendar we write down all his milestones and accomplishments on. He asked me what it said because the picture of the manipulated cat is funny, when I told him he started laughing and wanted to tell his mom, "Smile, today is a whole new day to mess up!" It actually says, "another chance" but I liked his version better. Thank you God for your Grace (2 Corinthians 12:7-10; Galatians 1:15).

"Well the thing I find most amazing; In amazing grace 
Is the chance to give it out; Maybe that's what love is all about"
    -- Brandon Heath - I'm Not Who I Was

Basic 3: All people have sinned - Rom. 3:23, 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clip to Evernote