Have whoever is lighting the candle read:
- "We light this candle in Christ; our pure Savior."
- Luke 2: 8-12
- Why do you think the angels had to tell the shepherds to not be afraid?
- What are the things that make you the most afraid?
- What was the reason the angels gave for why the shepherds did not have to be afraid?
- Have each family member open up a small gift and verbally express their thanks to Jesus as they open it.
- "Dear Lord, thank you for the gift of Jesus that we celebrate this Christmas. Thank you that his coming to die for our sins and being raised from the dead means we have nothing in life or in eternity to fear. We Love you Lord Jesus. Amen."