takeover the Water.org Twitter account.
Water.org’s 432,000 Twitter followers represent a whole new audience for us. An audience that may not know what we do, why we do it or who we do it for.
We’ve asked you to vote and to encourage others to vote. And it will provide at least one million gallons of clean drinking water, enough clean, safe drinking water for 68 people to drink 64 ounces a day for 80 years.
And we need you to keep doing that so we can tell nearly half a million people that:
- Our Water of Life system is a simple, cost effective and proven solution for providing clean water to families in need.
- The system effectively eliminates parasites and bacterial contaminants that cause cholera, typhoid, E. coli, amoebic dysentery and many other devastating diseases.
- And it will provide at least one million gallons of clean drinking water, enough clean, safe drinking water for 68 people to drink 64 ounces a day for 80 years.
- What makes us distinct from other organizations is we’re about Jesus and always will be. We are Christ centered. We “release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.”
- Unlike other organizations which fight poverty in the developing world, we’re child focused. We develop children, who in turn develop their communities. We give children in poverty opportunities to succeed. Each child we serve is ministered to personally, spiritually, economically, socially and physically.
- We do all of our work through the local church. The Church is the great hope for the world and is God’s instrument to advance His kingdom. We mobilize and connect the global Body of Christ to fulfill her mandate to care for the poor.
- We are 100 percent donor supported. We do not take any funds from any government.
- We are more than a child sponsorship organization. We are a child development organization. And we’re not just working for the children in our programs, we’re working for all children in poverty.
- Our programs are personal, individualized and relational. They’re tailored to age, gender, health, culture and family situation.
- Our commitment is long term because children have long term needs.
- And our commitment is to eradicate extreme poverty from the face of the earth by 2035.
That’s what we’re fighting for. Thanks for your help in this.
Our Water of Life system is a simple, cost effective and proven solution for providing clean water to families in need.
We Have Six Things to Say to Water.org