Buy a Soccer Ball for Me!?

Back when I was getting paid to do youth ministry, I was tasked with having the students put on a play for Christmas. I could have chose to do something simple but instead, decided to use a Veggie Tales movie and have them perform, "The Toy that Saved Christmas." I had to adapt it for time and there are just some things a person cannot do compared to a computer animated vegetable . So I had to convert it into a screenplay for my students and what a process it was. But in the end, we actually had a pretty good production. What does this have to do with a soccer ball? Well, I remember there was a line that I insisted needed to be kept where the narrator stated, "Christmas isn't about the gettin', it is about the givin', and mostly about a little baby born in a manger who was the greatest gift of all, Jesus."

As you decide what to give this holiday season, please consider giving just one gift to someone you don't know but someone who will appreciate it most of all. Compassion has a catalog of gifts you can give to those who need it most and those whom you could be a real blessing this holiday season. So I ask you all to please buy at least a soccer ball for me and if you do let me know by commenting below. I guarentee your heart will have more joy this Christmas by buying one of these items than buying yet another game system or another video game that will sit on the shelf and gather dust after a couple months of use. Here are some more details about the catalog:

WHAT IS THE GIFTS OF COMPASSION CATALOG?
An on-line catalog of gift alternatives for friends, family and clients. No crowds, no lines, no stress - just a gift that will help make a difference in the life of a child living in one of the poorest communities of the world. These gifts help provide clean drinking water, medical treatment, disaster relief, food supplies and much, much more for Compassion-assisted children and their families. Meet real needs and bring real joy with a Gift of Compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clip to Evernote