Infinity Packs, Infinity Warm!

Yeah, I don't know what that means either but my children seem to think I do.  Every morning my kids drink chocolate milk that has been warmed up in the microwave in plastic cups. So far neither of them has a third eye, third teet, third leg, or third anything. The crazy part is that I get up and make it the same way every morning whether the ask for it and no matter what they say, I get it just the same every time. But that doesn't stop them from saying, "Daddy, Infinity Packs, Infinity Warm, put it in the oven and give it to me." EVERY MORNING! I used to think it was cute and sometimes I still do. Other times it gets a little repetitive and feels demanding but no matter what, I get it just the same. Did I mention EVERY MORNING!?

I think we do this to God sometimes.. no.. all the time. Over and over we are in a dilemma or situation and we want stuff. God just listens to us knowing the overall plan and knowing we are going to do the same things over and over again and make the same bad decision in every circumstance.. but He wants to hear it, He thinks it is cute (Psalm 141:2) but frustrating and painful and EVERY MORNING he provides for what we need regardless of what we ask for or demand (2 Corinthians 12:9). You know, like please don't let my grand-kids be born with a third anything.. or be able to count to twelve on their fingers and 16 on their toes.

Basic 13:  Jesus' sacrifice was a substitution, for us - 1 Pet. 2:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clip to Evernote